【Video】Q&A 43. Hunting and its impact on family members

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-9-5 13:29:42 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Teaching Videos for Sutras and Mantras

Eng Audiovisual Book [Journey to Heaven & Hell]

Eng Audiovisual Book [Buddhisum in Plain Terms]

Words of wisdom in English

For Beginners

Q: Dear Master Lu, my late grandfather was a hunter. Would his karma of killing animals affect me? How can I resolve it?

A:

• If your ancestors were hunters, the tremendous negative karma accumulated from killing other beings would be passed on to future generations. This is very difficult to resolve, and generally affects the next three generations.

• You must recite the Amitabha Pure Land Rebirth Mantra.  Estimate how many years your grandfather (or other family members) had hunted for, and approximately how many animals would have been killed per week.  Then calculate how many recitations of the Amitabha Pure Land Rebirth Mantra you should complete for each animal that was killed. 
    Based on this calculation, the sum of the Amitabha Pure Land Rebirth Mantra recitations may be in the range of 10,000 to 20,000 times.  You should always complete more recitations than the estimated sum.

• It is best to recite the Amitabha Pure Land Rebirth Mantra during the daytime and on sunny days.  Avoid reciting this mantra after 10pm or during extreme weather conditions, such as heavy rain, thunderstorms, and lightning.
    Before reciting, you should say the following prayer: “May the Greatly Merciful and Greatly Compassionate Guan Yin Bodhisattva bless me, <your full name>, with your compassion, help me to eliminate karmic obstacles and the impact of the karma of killing by my ancestors on me.”

• During the period that you are performing recitations, you should frequently drink the Great Compassion Water, which is blessed by Guan Yin Bodhisattva.

• This is known as repaying karmic debts. There is a saying that goes, “The son repays his father’s karmic debts, and the wife repays her husband’s karmic debts. If the karmic obstacles are not eliminated completely, then future generations will continue to repay the rest.” Therefore, you should also recite more of the Eighty-Eight Buddhas Great Repentance and Little Houses.

• In addition, you should vow to stop killing and eating any freshly killed creatures for the rest of your life. You also need to perform life liberations in large quantities.  

updated by Offical Website 

文章推荐

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|慈爱心灵

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 09:37 , Processed in 0.078928 second(s), 29 queries .